Podmores are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a well-established and well regarded business specialising in designing and making bespoke materials handling equipment for a large Blue chip customer base throughout the UK and worldwide.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with significant experience in the design, manufacture and development of turnkey automated systems who wants to join our successful team to take the business to the next level.
Podmores is a well-established, privately owned, engineering company committed to working with our customers to develop solutions to help them become more efficient.
- At least 5 to 10 years significant experience in the mechanical design of automated systems
- Extensive experience with delivering systems into manufacturing environments
- Expert knowledge of component parts including pneumatics, motors, drives, encoders etc. from major suppliers
- Working familiarity with CAD environment, preferably SolidWorks
- Ability to interpret customers specifications & evaluate customer products & designs
- Ability to employ engineering techniques to produce robust, innovative solutions
- Familiarity with Machinery safety directive, PUWER, CE Marking
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Systems and procedures
- Ability to take a leading role as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team
- A focus on meeting project deadlines & budgets
- An ability to contribute to multiple concurrent jobs.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Salary - £ Negotiable / Competitive
- Start - Immediate
- Location ST4 4LZ, Stoke-on-Trent
- 33 days holiday,
- 2 x salary Death in Service cover
- Job security
- Free off street parking
- Modern clean building
|£ competitive hourly rate, dependant on experience.|
|Contributory Pension Scheme & Death in Service (after 1 year's employment). 33 days holiday,|
|Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST4 4LZ|
|It would be very beneficial to be able to see examples of automation equipment/systems that you have designed|
Note to recruiters: We only accept candidate applications from recruitment agencies on our approved list. Please contact us to discuss prior to sending CVs through.