Podmores are currently looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to join a well-established and well regarded business specialising in designing and making bespoke materials handling equipment for a large Blue chip customer base throughout the UK and worldwide.
We are seeking to appoint a technically and commercially astute, ambitions sales individual, who already has a successful record of selling these products in to food and pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging industries.
Reporting to the Sales Director, this role is responsible for increasing sales revenue as part of a company growth strategy. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility of being able to work from our office based in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire and cover the whole of the UK as part of our existing sales team. As a key part to this exciting role, you will be required to identify and maintain relationships with new and existing customers, meeting agreed sales targets. Other duties involved in this role:
- Planning and prioritising your area sales and customer activities.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Update and maintain customer and prospective contacts, internal systems and respond and follow up all sales enquiries.
- Work closely with other Sales Engineers and Production Staff to ensure an integrated approach towards an increase in sales and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate at customer meetings and attend internal Company functional meetings.
- Must be flexible to travel, stay overnight.
- Have a strong bias and interest towards technical and project management within an engineering environment.
- Site measurement experience.
- Knowledge of food processing & packaging industry essential.
- Knowledge of mechanical handling techniques.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on your own.
- A full driving licence.
What we offer
- Salary £25-35k with OTE earnings uncapped (anticipated to be £35-45k minimum).
- All of the benefits below.
- Expellent prospects to grow into a managerial position.
- A varied and interesting role within a fast paced well positioned manufacturing supplier.
Company mobile phone
Contributory Pension Scheme
Death in Service (after 1 year's employment).
33 days holiday,
|Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST4 4LZ|
|it would be very beneficial to see examples of previous sales/customer relationship experience and examples of how you have engaged with new customers, whilst maintaining existing customers and contacts.|
Note to recruiters: We only accept candidate applications from recruitment agencies on our approved list. Please contact us to discuss prior to sending CVs through.