Podmores are currently looking for a Technical Sales Estimator/Proposals Engineer to join a well-established and well regarded business specialising in designing and making bespoke materials handling equipment for a large Blue chip customer base throughout the UK and worldwide.
We are seeking to appoint a technically and commercially minded, ambitions individual, who already has a successful record of producing cost estimates for machinery. We would be particularly interested in speaking to individuals with experience in either bespoke equipment estimates and/or materials handling equipment for use in the food industry.
Reporting to the Sales Director, this role is responsible for working with our sales team to produce cost estimates and technical quotations for new projects. The role will be mostly based in our Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire offices but occasional visits to customers sites may be needed to fully understand the project requirements. As a key part to this role, you will be required to fully identify and understand our customers requirements and produce an accurate cost estimate and supporting technical quotation.
- Compiling estimates and quotations in a timely manner to the correct specification.
- Work with our sales team, and directly with customers, to fully understand their application, any special requirements and identify any project risks.
- After order, assist with handing projects over to projects/design/production for manufacture.
- Update and maintain customer and prospective contacts, internal systems and respond and follow up all sales enquiries.
- Work closely with other Sales Engineers and Production Staff to ensure an integrated approach towards an increase in sales and customer satisfaction.
- A strong background in estimating.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work within a team environment as well as taking their own initiative.
- The ability to work with software packages such as Excel, Word and Outlook is essential for success in this role.
- Must be flexible to travel, stay overnight.
- Have a strong bias and interest towards technical and project management within an engineering environment.
- Site measurement experience.
- 2D or 3D CAD to both interpret customer drawings and/or create concept layouts.
- Experience of measuring up sites.
- Knowledge of the food processing & packaging industry.
- Knowledge/experience of mechanical handling machinery and principles.
- Knowledge/experience of automated machinery, including robot applications.
- A full driving licence.
What we offer
- Salary £20k-£25k.
- All of the benefits below.
- A varied and interesting role within a fast paced well positioned manufacturing supplier.
Company laptop Company pension (auto-enrolment). Death in Service (Life assurance) (after 1 year’s employment). 33 days holiday. Cycle to work scheme. On site parking.
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST4 4LZ. Once trained, there would be the ability to partially work from home from time to time.
It would be very beneficial to see examples of previous technical estimates and technical quotations demonstrating how you have interpreted a customer’s requirements to produce them. These of course can be anonymised/redacted as you require.