Podmores (Engineers) Ltd recognises the responsibility that it shares with its suppliers to operate ethically. Promoting decent working conditions in our supply chain is part of our strategy to act in a socially responsible manner. In pursuit of this aim we require that all of our suppliers comply with our Ethical Trading Policy, which is based on the Ethical Trading Initiative’s (E.T.I.) Base Code as well as national and international laws.
Podmores do and always shall actively encourage all suppliers to apply the principles of the E.T.I. as a minimum at all times. We will will exercise due diligence in ensuring that these conditions are met.
The E.T.I. Base Code that Podmores follow as a minimum are:
- Employment is freely chosen;
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected;
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic;
- Child Labour shall not be used;
- Living wages are paid;
- Working hours are not excessive;
- No discriminated is practised;
- Regular employment is provided; and
- No Harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
For further information, or where you have a specific requirement regarding ethical trading, please contact us to discuss further. We are always happy to discuss agreeing enhanced additional minimum standards with our customers and suppliers.